Weekend Binge - The Gilded Wolves Series by Roshani Chokshi

 


The Gilded Wolves Series by Roshani Chokshi

1. The Gilded Wolves

2. The Silvered Serpents

3. Untitled #3 (Expected 2021)

If you have not read these yet, go ahead and read them right now! Then you can painfully wait along with the rest of us for the last in the series. I am just twiddling my thumbs waiting to find out what happens to these now-beloved characters!



Ok, maybe this is not convincing you. I get it if you want to wait until the last book is released before you start this series. That said, these characters are worth it. I have come to the realization that I am very much a character-driven reader. If I am not invested in the characters then I usually have a difficult time with a read. This does not mean the characters have to be likable. This just means they need to feel dimensional and real to me. Chokshi is an expert with her drawing of characters and I have loved this series solely based upon the fact that these characters are the loves of my little reading life. It is worth the wait for me.

Regardless whether you choose to dive in right now or wait until the last, I highly recommend this series. It is one of the more unique YA fantasies I have read. Yes, many YA fantasy tropes are here, but this alternate history is well-done and unique. The first book might take a bit of an investment as there are quite a few "info dumps" that set up the boundaries of this world. I have seen many reviews that highly prefer the second in this series to the first for this very reason. Like I said though, if you love well-drawn characters I do not think this world-building will deter you at all.

That said, the second in this series reads at such a fast-pace I could not put it down at all. I neglected everything. I sacrificed my own health and forgot to eat just because I could not put it down. Am I dramatic? Yes. Are these books wonderful? Yes!

Comments

Post a Comment