Find a Romance Series to Binge for the Long Weekend

With a long weekend ahead of us, you may be looking for some comfort reads. With some extra time on your hands, you may be looking to invest in a series. I have got you covered. These are some romance series reads that might just be exactly what you are looking for to escape for the Thanksgiving Weekend. Especially a Thanksgiving Weekend in 2020.

1. The Kiss Quotient Series - Helen Hoang

Books in the Series:

The Kiss Quotient

The Bride Test

The Heart Principle (Expected August 2021)

When I first read The Kiss Quotient several years ago, it gave me a new appreciation for romance as a genre. I had spent most of my bookish life overlooking romance as a genre and this was to my detriment because I have since recognized the power of a good romance. The Kiss Quotient was instrumental in opening my eyes to this.

While of course just good escapist fun this book also tackles autism, prejudice and a host of other topics within a realm of a compelling romance and lovable characters. This book is just brilliant and lovely. The Bride Test is equally lovely and I am already planning to pre-order The Heart Principle.

2. The Brown Sisters Series - Talia Hibbert

Books in the Series:

Get a Life, Chloe Brown

Take a Hint, Dani Brown

Act Your Age, Eve Brown (Expected March 2021)

Talia Hibbert is so good at creating legitimately LOL moments for her characters. Living inside of the head of Chloe Brown, our first lead in the series, is entertaining all the way through! She is clever and hilarious. Hibbert is also good at creating some of most *ahem* ... in the romance books I have read. I feel like I have legitimately blushed when reading her writing and I don't usually blush. So there's that.

3. The Well Met Series - Jen Deluca

Books in the Series:

Well Met

Well Played

Well Matched (Expected September 2021)

I picked up Well Met towards the end of a very stressful pregnancy that had me on bedrest. This book was exactly what I needed to calm my anxiety and help me escape for a little while. I mean if you enjoy the thought of reading about Ren Faires, pirates, wenches, and mishaps, this may just be the read for you. While keeping with many romance tropes this series also introduces such a creative setting. It is all-around fun I do not recommend missing out on these.

4. The Bromance Book Club Series - Lyssa Kay Adams

Books in the Series:

The Bromance Book Club

Undercover Bromance

Crazy Stupid Bromance

Isn't It Bromantic? (Expected July 2021)

I probably do not need to spend too much time here. I feel like these are pretty hyped all on their own. I mean there is a Netflix series coming so the popularity of this series pretty much speaks for itself. That said, if you have not read these, you still got time to read them before they become a series on Netflix. Then you can be one of those obnoxious people (like I am) that talks about all the differences between a book and its film adaptation. On that note, the book is almost always better. 

5. The Simple Wild Series - K.A. Tucker

Books in the Series:

The Simple Wild

Wild at Heart

Forever Wild: A Novella (Expected December 2020)

Our friendly neighbor to the north, Hello, Canada!, has much to be proud of. They have true healthcare for all, a seemingly fair and compassionate leader, and they also have the author K.A. Tucker whom I believe to be an underrated gem. This series, perhaps more than other I will mention here, is probably the least well known, but deserves all the mentions. It is compulsively readable and you cannot help but root for the duo that is our focus here. I have never truly been particularly interested in visiting Alaska, but these books make me want to go. Honestly, I think these books could do wonders for Alaskan tourism. Alaska really needs help in this area, am I right? Oh, no? What's that you say? Alaskan tourism is just fine? Oh, well, nevermind.

6. Red, White, and Royal Blue - Casey McQuiston

Books in the Series:

None, I am cheating here.

Ok, so this isn't actually a series. BUT...perhaps you have a packed Thanksgiving Weekend ahead of you as you are cooking a big, elaborate quarantined meal. You only have time for one read! If that is the case then I recommend this one. It is romantic, happy, and even made me cry because I am a sap! If you are looking for just one book to bring a smile to your face, this is the one that just may do that.

Comments