Weekend Binge - Ghost Stories with Simone St. James

 


Novels by Simone St. James

The Sun Down Motel

The Broken Girls

The Lost Among the Living

The Other Side of Midnight

Silence for the Dead

An Inquiry into Love and Death

The Haunting of Maddy Clare

---

If you are curious, the italicized titles above are titles I have not read. They are definitely on my TBR, however. Now when I say ghost stories you may be thinking of the horror genre, but honestly these are not horror titles. While tense and scary, they read more as crime novels with some ghosts potentially factoring into the crime scene. Even if you are not usually into supernatural tales, I think these might surprise you. Simone St. James has a way of weaving a story that makes the mysteries she writes so difficult to put down. 

My top recommendation is The Sun Down Motel. If you start anywhere, start there! Granted I have only read two titles so far, but that one is my particular favorite. I did swallow both The Sun Down Motel and The Broken Girls in under 24-hours. They were so hard to put down and were particularly fun to read. Granted I love a good ghost story so these were right up my ally. Well-written stories with ghosts involved? YES! Count me in. I am anxiously waiting for Simone St. James' next release. It is on par with me waiting for the next Bruno Mars album. Where are these things? I need them! In the meantime though, I have several older titles waiting for me that I am excited about diving into.

All this to say that, if you are looking for some compelling supernatural tales, these are the ones for you. The Broken Girls was one of my favorite 2019 titles and The Sun Down Motel is definitely one of my favorite 2020 titles. I am actually going to do a 2020 Favorites post here soon, but (SPOILER) The Sun Down Motel will be on it.

If you are interested in my initial reviews on these titles, feel free to check out my Goodreads page HERE.


Comments