Wednesday Recs - No Exit by Taylor Adams

 


Ok, so this title is not exactly under-hyped. I feel like many in the reading world already know about it, BUT it might be more known as a "cult favorite". I say this because it is not broadly talked about to my knowledge. This is partly because it is an older title, but y'all are missing out if you have not picked this up yet! This is going to keep you turning those pages, I promise. I think I read this in under 24 hours because I basically could not breathe reading this. I was also going through a reading slump when I picked this up so that tells you that it was not easy to hook me into a story at the time. If you love thrillers, I think this will not disappoint. As always, full Goodreads review below. 

---

What a fun page-turner! If you need to escape for a little while and get absorbed in a book, this is a good choice. I had so much fun reading this. I love a good thriller and this one ticked all the boxes for me.

Stuck at an a nowhere rest stop because of a major blizzard, college student Darby finds herself in the middle of an unexpected situation. She expects to wait out the storm with a few other stranded travelers, but upon discovering a kidnapped girl in a car, Darby realizes that one of her fellow travelers is dangerous. With no cell phone service and all lines down (and gross coffee), Darby is essentially on her own.

I was immediately engrossed in this book. The plot twists and turns quickly. While some of it may be predictable, most of the book had me guessing and often surprised. I loved the twists of this book. I keep using the word fun, but that is what it is, fun entertainment. It is not trying to do anything new, but takes all of the components of a good thriller and presents them uncritically. It is all fun and no pretension. I loved this book for this reason and I loved how fast-paced and enjoyable it was.

Comments