Wednesday Recs - Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

 


I like to pick backlist titles for me Wednesday Recommendations and sometimes they are backlist titles I have literally just read. I finished this up yesterday and knew I had to immediately prioritize it because I loved it just that much. This was so good and totally made the end of my reading year. It looks like Amazon bought the rights to make this a series and while I was reading this I kept thinking about what a fantastic mini-series this would make; I guess I was not the only one.

---

*chef's kiss* *round of applause* How amazing is this book I just read?! I already created my Top 2020 Reads List or I absolutely would have put this on there!! Look, apparently this was not everyone's journey, but let me tell you that I loved this journey for me!

I put this one off for a long time. I was never able to get into Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse Triology and, believe me, I tried. I like the first but could never get through the second. I really wanted to, but it always put me in a book slump. So I was sure Ninth House was definitely not going to be for me either, but I was wrong. This was magic from the first page for me. Dark Academia, Ghosts, The Underworld, New Haven, and Complex Characters are all my jam apparently. If I love the world an author is building, I can immerse myself into pages of it without a problem.

So, as stated, this was definitely my journey and maybe it is your journey too. If you are like me and have struggled with Bardugo's other works this might surprise you in the best way. I am so glad I read this and I am now resentful that the second book in this series does not have a title or cover yet. Although if it is going to be as fantastic as the first I guess I can wait.

Comments