Tuesday Reviews - You Have a Match by Emma Lord


You Have a Match - Emma Lord (Releases January 12, 2021) 🌟🌟🌟🌟

It is never too early to start preparing for those post-Holiday blues. I don't know of many people who claim January as their favorite month. I think for most of us it is just a month that we suffer through. We try to make it better by finding ways to bring ourselves comfort in the dead of winter, which is why I believe the practice of Hygge exists. So a good book will definitely some warmth and comfort to January, right? If you loved Tweet Cute, I think you will find a lot of enjoyment in this one as well. As always, the full Goodreads review is below and here.

---

Well cheers to another charming, smile-your-face-off read by Emma Lord! This one with a sibling-surprise twist and a possibly unrequited romance. The same elements that made Tweet Cute so good are here as well. There is humor, quick prose, and characters that make a ton of mistakes but you understand why they make them.

It was another joy of a book to read and, honestly, I am just chuffed that I got to read it early. It was just about everything I was hoping for following Tweet Cute. I have to confess that I like Tweet Cute just a smidge more. I found the constant surprises in that one grabbed me and in this book there is a bit more of a slow burn and a build if you will. The payoff is fantastic though and Abby makes a great protagonist.

I think if you loved Tweet Cute you will certainly enjoy this one. The sibling storyline between Abby and Savvy is compelling and the camp shenanigans are fun to read. The ending might also just sneak up on you and make you more emotional than you had planned on being. No? Maybe that is just me then.

Comments