Tuesday Reviews - Ten Rules for Faking It by Sophie Sullivan

 


Ten Rules for Faking It by Sophie Sullivan - Released December 29, 2020

This little gem gets released in December. I reviewed it on Goodreads, which you can find HERE. I have also placed the review below for any non-Goodreads friends. As you can see I really enjoyed this one. This is a debut so I am looking forward to any future books that Sophie Sullivan releases as she definitely has hooked me onto her writing.

---

I loved this sweet, swoony duo so much! I mean clearly I did since I read this in well under 24 hours. I was so invested in the relationship between our protagonists that I could not put it down. The side characters were also completely lovable too in case you were wondering.

I have to say that there was just not enough kissing in this book for me. On the steamy scale rank this one low or you might be disappointed. I kept waiting for physical contact to happen...and waiting...and waiting...and guess what? I am still waiting. I think this could end up frustrating many a romance reader and so I wanted to give you a fair warning. However, I think the story is well worth it and still very romantic despite this.

Why do I think this? The characters are so well written and the relationship between Everly and Chris is one that I could not help but root for. I really wanted these crazy kids to work it out. I also very much appreciated that it dived so deeply into what it is like to live with anxiety. As someone who also struggles with an anxiety disorder it was nice to see that representation. I definitely related on many levels throughout the book.

The romantic tension in this one was off the charts in my opinion and if you are looking for a sweet, romantic read this might just be the one for you. If you struggle with anxiety, you will feel seen. If you just need a little happiness while a pandemic is raging throughout the world, this book might be a lovely distraction.

Comments