Tuesday Reviews - Namesake by Adrienne Young

 


Namesake - Adrienne Young (Releases March 16, 2021)  🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

If you have not picked up Adrienne Young's Fable yet, I so highly recommend it. It was one of my favorite reads of 2020. I think my soul had been longing for a good high seas adventure and Fable absolutely satisfied it. Its sequel, Namesake, releases March 16, 2021 and it is one last chance to dive into this fantastic world that Young has created it. I loved reading about the conclusion to Fable's story and getting quite a few questions answered. My full review is below and also on Goodreads.

---

Loooovveee!! This duology, both this title and Fable, are some of my top reads this year. I love these characters, I love the setting, and I love how Young's writing puts you immediately in whatever scene she has created. Just do yourself a favor and read these. 

The plot in this one was fast paced. I was flipping through the story anxious to find out answers, what would happen, and definitely getting emotionally involved in Fable's story arc. I am so sad that there are no more books to read as I feel like I could definitely read more and the author left some parts of the story open. In a way this leaves everything to our imagination, but I love this world so much I would gladly return.

I have to say that even though this is a 5 star read for me (as I did LOVE it! Did I mention that?), I did not love this one as much as Fable. The characterization of West and his relationship with Fable was possibly problematic?...Maybe. Also, those unanswered aspects of the story the author left open-ended left me a little dissatisfied. 

That all said, I 100 percent stand by the 5 stars because overall it brought me so much joy. These are going to be held up as some of my favorite reads and this is partially because of the strength of the characters. By the end of the story, I actually got a little teary-eyed and I only get that way if I care. I cared very much and think these stories will stick with me.

Comments